The Art of Storytelling
Friday, March 8, 2019
7:30 am - 9:30 am
Dale Carnegie Presents The Art of Storytelling
Successful leaders and public speakers throughout history have understood and harnessed the power of good storytelling. No matter your topic or your audience, telling a story engages your listeners and elevates your public speaking to an art.
Dale Carnegie believed that public speaking and storytelling are skills to be learned, not inborn abilities. Impactful storytelling requires an understanding of your audience, your topic and your goal.
In this workshop, you will learn the very same skills that Dale Carnegie himself used to create generations of successful business people, compelling community leaders and even politicians.
Participants will be able to:
- Define your audience and their needs, goals and wants
- Plan an opening, message delivery and closing that pacts an impact
- Use the secret to storytelling: The Magic Formula
- Identify best practices for presentations
The Dale Carnegie Breakfast Workshop is in partnership with and hosted by the UH Office of Technology Transfer.
Cost: Free for the first 25 registrants, use promo code: C918D3
$49 after free registration full
The UH Office of Technology Transfer and Innovation is proud
to support the startup community here in Houston.
- Innovation Center, UH Technology Bridge, Building 4, Floor 2
- $49.99, Free for the first 25 registrants
Office of Technology Transfer & Innovation