Cyber-Physical System for the Hospital Operating Room (CYBHOR)
The Cyber-Physical System for the Hospital Operating Room (CyBHOR) offers potential members a vibrant, interdisciplinary team of computational scientists and faculty members in surgery who will work in synergy with the health industry to improve patient care through the advancement of next generation, high-tech medical practices for surgery.
The center's vision is to be the leading research center in the emerging and multi-disciplinary field of Modern Surgery enabled by computational science and technologies.
The mission of the center is to:
- Provide a proven collaborative framework for industry, hospital and university to engage in cooperative research of interest and value to our members;
- Advance, develop, and promote research into the principles and technology of computational surgery science, including the application of:
- Mathematics and algorithm design;
- Imaging, robotics, informatics, and simulation technologies;
- Biological and physical principles.
- Increase the quantity and quality of the professionals prepared to work in the field;
- Bring together a multi-disciplinary team of faculty from the University of Houston, the University of Florida, in close collaboration with the Houston Methodist Institute of Technology, Innovation and Education, and affiliated institutions.