Prerequisite: Students must either take or pass a placement test for the course “Introduction to Cluster Computing: Linux, shell scripting, queuing systems, cluster architecture”. This course does not count towards the required 3 HPE DSI courses in the HPC Certificate Program.
Students are required to take and pass 3 skill-based, rather than academic, short courses (15 contact-hours each) offered by HPE DSI.
The following blocks are offered. Students are encouraged to pick one course from each block.
A) Scientific Programming Languages
- Scientific Programming with C++
- Scientific Programming with Python
- Scientific Programming with R
B) Parallel Programming
- OpenMP Programming
- MPI Programming
- GPU Programming
- Debugging and Performance Tuning: Gnu Debugger, Gnu Profiler, Intel Debugger, Intel Profiler
- Machine Learning: data analytics, deep learning, predictive analytics
- Scientific Visualization and Data Analysis: VisIt and Paraview
The courses are free. Students can register through our course management system.