- Do you struggle to share your writing at the early stages because it’s not perfect?
- Do you find yourself devastated by criticism of your work?
- Do you beat yourself up every time the tiniest thing goes wrong?
- Is it difficult for you to celebrate other people’s success because it reminds you of your own shortcomings?
If any of these things sound familiar, CONGRATULATIONS! You’re a perfectly normal perfectionist! The only problem is that the nature of the Academy is likely to exacerbate your perfectionist tendencies, as opposed to minimizing them. In this webinar, perfectionists will unite to get clear about:
- The causes and consequences of excessive perfectionism.
- The features of academic life that intensify perfectionism
- Strategies to identify when your perfectionism is at work, assess whether it is useful or debilitating, and adjust your standards and behavior accordingly
- The secret to finding real satisfaction in every step of the writing process
This is an NCFDD event, it is recorded, but you must log in with your free UH NCFDD membership in order to register for the event or see the recording. Instructions to claim your free UH NCFDD membership are at https://uh.edu/provost/faculty/current/fed/services/ncfdd/