M.S. in Pharmacy Leadership and Administration
Admissions Process - UH Application Deadline for 2022-24 Program: January 3, 2022
*Please note that deadline quoted applies to the university portion of the application. Please check with each individual hospital for PhORCAS deadlines.
The Houston Program in Pharmacy Leadership and Administration includes separate applications for each residency site (through PhorCAS) and the M.S. degree (through UH). For all applicants, and especially for applicants from outside of the Houston area, we provide a coordinated interview schedule in order to optimize candidates' time and learn more about The Houston Program, the Texas Medical Center, and the city of Houston. A summary and detailed procedures for the admissions process are provided below.
Details of the Application Process
Step 1: Apply for residency program
- Completed PhORCAS application - http://www.ashp.org/phorcas
- Follow residency-site specific instructions for the material required for application
- Enroll in the ASHP Residency Matching process - http://www.natmatch.com/ashprmp/
Step 2: Apply for the M.S. Program through the University of Houston
Complete the University of Houston Graduate School Application
- Fill in all Fields (Note: Institution Name is "University of Houston - Main Campus")
- A personal statement (essay) is required in the Graduate School application; this can be a letter of intent addressed to Divya Varkey focusing on your interest in The Houston Program.
- Requirement for GRE has been waived and is not required for M.S.
- In an effort to provide a streamlined application process, letters of recommendation will be obtained from your PhorCAS application.
- Please communicate with those submitting your LOR in PhorCAS that it will be used for your UH graduate school application as well.
- If you have more than 3 recommenders and would like specific ones used for the UH Graduate School application, please make that known as part of your letter of intent.
- Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded for review as part of the screening process. Once matched to a site within The Houston Program, you will need to submit official transcripts to be admitted.
Step 3: Coordinated interview process
The goal of our program is to provide a seemless partnership between the UH graduate program and residency sites. To accomplish this goal, we have a coordinated interview process. Once you have submitted your application, you will be sent an email to identify a preferred interview week. Once we have established your interview week, we will coordinate with all the residency sites for which you have been granted an interview.
Note: Each residency site requires a minimum of a one-half day interview, so be prepared to spend several days in Houston if applying for multiple programs. We can offer assistance in hotel recommendations and directions from area airports, if needed.
Step 4: Submit ranking list to ASHP
Once match results are published, UH and the residency sites will coordinate to admit matched applicants into the UH Graduate School.
UH College of Pharmacy
Divya Varkey, Pharm.D., M.S.
Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
(CHI St. Luke's Health)
Kimberly Putney, Pharm.D., MPH
Harris Health System
Goldina Erowele, Pharm.D., MBA
Houston Methodist Hospital
Linda Haines, Pharm.D., M.S.
Memorial Hermann Health System
Binita Patel, Pharm.D., M.S.
Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Barbara Jimenez, B.S., Pharm.D.