Offering a range of mental health and wellness resources available to the UH campus community, UH College of Pharmacy and several of its student organizations are hosting a free "Shine A Light on Mental Health" from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday, May 13, via Zoom.
The event will feature representatives from a range of campus and community resources and services available to help students, faculty and staff maintain mental health wellness, as well as the opportunity to win prizes.
For more information, email email@example.com.
During the fair, virtual attendees will hear from an array of speakers, including:
- Austin De La Cruz, Pharm.D., BCPP, clinical assistant professor at UHCOP and psychiatric clinical pharmacist at Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center;
- Maranda Evans, a member of the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) Speakers Bureau;
- Caryn Honig, MEd, RD, LD, a registered and licensed dietitian and owner of The Healthy Weigh, a private practice offering nutritional counseling to patients with eating disorders; and
- Ned Strauss, Ph.D., a clinical psychologist representing the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
UH entities and organizations participating in the event include:
- UH CAPS (Counseling and Psychological Services);
- UH Psychiatric Clinic;
- UH Wellness;
- SUN Behavioral Houston;
- UH LGBTQ Resource Center; and
- Baylor College of Medicine's Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences.
The event is in collaboration with several UHCOP student organizations and chapters: American Pharmacists Association-Academy of Student Pharmacists, African Pharmacy Student Association, Hispanic Pharmacy Student Association, Pharmaceutical Association of the Middle East and South Asia, Student College of Clinical Pharmacy, Student National Pharmaceutical Association, Society for Sexual and Gender Disparities in Pharmacy, and the Student Society of Health-System Pharmacy.