Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research
HIV Pharmacy Student Preceptor, Therapeutic Concepts, Houston
Office: Health 2
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
4849 Calhoun, Room 4015
Houston, TX 77204-5039
Contact: email@example.com - 713-743-7327
- HIV treatment strategies
- Scholarship of teaching and learning
- Skills lab-based teaching
- PGY2 HIV Ambulatory Care/Clinical Pharmacogenetics Residency, University of Houston College of Pharmacy, Houston, TX
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency, Oklahoma State University Medical Center, Tulsa, OK
- Doctor of Pharmacy, Nova Southeastern University College of Pharmacy, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Minor in Spanish, Nova Southeastern University Farquhar College of Arts & Sciences, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- TM Kiles, AV Zhao, MA Wanat, KW Garey, CL Hatfield. Knowledge and self-perception comparisons between students with and without prior technician experience in community pharmacy lab courses. Curr Pharm Teach Learn 2021;13:279-87.
- Nguyen D, Vyain A, Crutchley R, Cheng A, Mizwa M. Learning across borders: developing a pharmacist-driven continuing professional development program through the Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative Pharmacy Network (BIPAI-PN). The 8th Annual Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH) Global Health Conference. Washington, DC. April 2017.
- Vyain A, Crutchley R, Le A, Gathe JC, Mayberry C. Assessing treatment outcomes when switching HIV-1 infected patients from various antiretroviral therapy (ART) regimens to darunavir/cobicistat monotherapy. American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting. Las Vegas, Nevada. December 2016.
- Vyain AL, Cheng AM, Andrade JA. Clinical challenge: What would you do? Preventing drug-drug interactions with HIV ART. Drug Topics. 2017;161(7):23-25,39. Retrieved at: https://www.drugtopics.com/view/clinical-challenge-what-would-you-do.
Awards & Honors
- Credentialed HIV Pharmacist (AAHIVP), American Academy of HIV Medicine
- Phi Lambda Sigma Upsilon Chapter Faculty Inductee - University of Houston College of Pharmacy, 2018
- Class of 2020 University of Houston College of Pharmacy Faculty of the Semester Award, 2018
- Faculty Research Award, 2018
Professional Service and Affiliations
- American Academy of HIV Medicine
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- International Antiviral Society-USA