Clinical Assistant Professor
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
4849 Calhoun Road, Room 4010
Houston, TX 77204-5039
- Doctor of Pharmacy, Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University, Tallahassee, Florida
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Accredited PGY1 Residency Pharmacy Practice, Emphasis on Ambulatory and Community Care Practice, University of Tennessee
- Nationally Certified Asthma Educator
- Basic Cardiac Life Support for Healthcare Providers, sponsored by the American Heart Association
- Texas State Board of Pharmacy Preceptor
- American Pharmacists Association (APhA) Immunization Certification
- American Pharmacists Association Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Certification
- University of Minnesota Pharmaceutical Care Certificate
- Virginia Consortium for Higher Education Teaching Certificate
- License Tennessee Pharmacist
- License Virginia Pharmacist
“The Importance of a Residency within Today Pharmacy World,” presented at University of Houston College of Pharmacy APhA-ASP student organization chapter. November 2, 2017.
“Understanding COPD & Proper Use of Inhalers,” Better Breather Club Society (ALA), presented to patients over the age of 65 receiving pulmonary rehabilitation. July 29, 2017.
“Come and learn about COPD,” Better Breathers Club Society (ALA), presented to patients that were newly diagnose with COPD starting pulmonary rehabilitation program
“The difference between ASTHMA and COPD,” presented at the TEXAS BLACK EXPO (sponsored by American Lung Association and Blue Cross Blue Shield). June 11, 2017.
“How do you use these new inhalers?” presented to UTMB School of Physician Assistants students and members of Luke Society Homeless Medical Mission leaders. May 4, 2017.
“Future of residencies within the new era of pharmacy,” presented at University of Houston College of Pharmacy APhA-ASP student organization chapter. April 14, 2017.
“Managing COPD patients with the new updated GOLD GUIDELINES,” presented UTMB/CMC clinical and staff pharmacists. March 31, 2017.
Asthma Educator Institute Pharmacology Section: American Lung Association Conference presented to a diverse group of healthcare providers in preparation of the Asthma Educator Certification Exam. March 17, 2017.
“Overview Managing Non-Cancer Pain within the Correctional Facilities,” presented to regional 3 medical providers at UTMB/CMC to heighten awareness of over prescribing opioid practices to non- cancer pain patients. November 19, 2016
Respiratory Pharmacotherapy Section (ASTHMA, COPD, Allergic Rhinitis), presented to UTMB 2nd year Physician Assistant students. November 3, 2016.
University of Houston Mock SOAP Workshop to P3 students, presented at University of Houston College of Pharmacy. February 2, 2016.
Respiratory Pharmacotherapy Section (ASTHMA, COPD, Allergic Rhinitis), presented to UTMB 2nd year Physician Assistant students. November 5, 2015.
Principles of Pharmacodynamics and Pharmacokinetics Section, presented to UTMB 2nd year Physician Assistant students. September 21, 2014.
Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy Section (Heart failure, Hypertension, Antianginals), presented to UTMB 2nd year Physician Assistant students. January 17, 2014.
“Overview Management Celiac Disease,” presented to clinical and staff pharmacists at UTMB/CMC. December 14, 2013.
“When are leukotrienes necessary in the overall treatment of asthma,” provided a formal case presentation to staff, and clinical pharmacists at UTMB/CMC. April 3, 2012.
Teaching Strategies Part 1 Series of Preceptor Development, presented to UTMB/CMC clinical preceptors team on how to effectively communicate with students or resident. April 12, 2011.
Overview Asthma Disease Management Guideline, presented at Annual Respiratory Seminar on Sam Houston State University to pulmonologists, respiratory therapists and nurses. February 21, 2009.
Improving Peak Flow Utilization in an Indigent Population. Presented at 39th Annual ASHP Clinical Midyear Meeting, Orlando, Florida. December 2004.
Assessment of lipoproteins and Metabolic Anomalies among Professional Football Players. Presented at 38th Annual ASHP Clinical Midyear Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana. December 2003.
- American Lung Association (ALA), Executive Planning Committee Asthma Educator Institute
- American Association of Diabetes Educator (AADE)
- American Society Health Systems Pharmacist (ASHP)
- Member of American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
- Member of American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP)