I belong to P.E.O., an international organization that helps women attain their educational goals. We fund an International Peace Scholarship, established in 1949 to provide scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the US or Canada. The maximum amount awarded to a student is $12,500. The deadline for application is December 15.
An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada. A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible. Scholarships are not given for online courses, research, internships or for practical training if not combined with coursework. In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year. Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
- Go to Philanthropic Educational Organization
- Click on P.E.O. Projects
- Click on P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship
- Choose IPS Eligibility Requirements
- Click on the link "Click here for online eligibility form"
- That link will take you to a page listing the requirements and click on the "Apply" button
- Either log in if you already have an account or create an account with your email address and password
- Complete the eligibility form and submit it electronically by December 15
- As a reference, you may use my name and chapter letters (Beryl Ann Owen, chapter IW Texas)
- If you qualify, based on the eligibility form, you will be sent an application that includes sending several letters of recommendation, a transcript, and an essay.
- Awards are announced in May
- Be sure that your letters of recommendation are from people who really know you, not just a professor from one of your classes.
- Take time with your essay and really focus on what you want to accomplish in your home country after you attain your degree