Jack and D'Ann Burke International Scholarship and the Cecelia Eichenberg Memorial Scholarship are available to resident and non-resident students as well as international students. These scholarships are basically identical, so only one application form is needed. This application process becomes available once a year in the spring semester. A recipient may apply for renewal of the scholarship if he/she continues to meet the eligibility requirements. However, the maximum length of the scholarship is up to 4 consecutive semesters (spring/fall). A recipient will not be eligible to renew the scholarship in the event of changing academic programs. Applications must be submitted online to International Student and Scholar Services no later than March 23, 2018 at 5 PM. Note that International Student and Scholar Services does not accept paper application submission.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
1) Applicants must demonstrate active involvement in international educational activities.
2) Undergraduate applicants must hold at least a Junior standing and must have completed 12 credit-hours in the Fall of 2017 and complete 12 credit-hours in the Spring of 2018. Undergraduates must also be planning to take 12 hours in the Fall of 2018 and Spring of 2019. Graduate students must meet the same requirement except they must complete 9 hours in all the semesters noted above. These minimum credit-hours must be taken at the University of Houston. Concurrent enrollment at another institution does not count toward the full-time hours. For international students, permission by International Student and Scholar Services to drop below hours does not equal full-time status for scholarship purposes. The only exception is students approved for the federally authorized Special Student Relief Program.
3) All undergraduate applicants must have and maintain at least a cumulative 3.0 GPA and all graduate applicants must have and maintain at least a cumulative 3.5 GPA.
4) Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
5) Priority will be given to students who do not currently hold other scholarship or a tuition waiver.
6) A Recommendation letter must be uploaded. Recommendation letter must be provided by Professor/Respected Authority under whom you have taken a course or have worked together. If you have already collected the recommendation letter from the Professor/Respected Auuthority, you can upload by selecting option "yourself" in the application. If a Professor/Respected Authority is uploading recommendation letter for you, then provide their Email-Address by selecting option "Professor/Respected Authority".
7) An incomplete application will be considered ineligible.
Click on this link to apply for the Scholarship. If you have any questions, Please contact the Anita Gaines.