UHD VITA Information - University of Houston
Skip to main content

UHD VITA Information

2020 Tax Season

UHD VITA Location

UHD Campus Building Location: 320 North Main in the Marilyn Davies College of Business Building (also referred to as “the Shea Building")

Business Building Room Location: Room between Room B210 and Room B212 in the unnumbered Computer Lab Room behind the recessed-hallway area.

Directional Signage & Greeters: A VITA Sign / Banner will direct the taxpayer to this Room. Greeters will escort taxpayers to the 2nd Floor and Room location

Business Building Parking: Metered parking around/next to the Shea/Business Building (until further notice)

"What to Bring": see the list below and the attached 13614-NR (for Foreign Students) and 13614-C for all other U.S. Taxpayers.

What to Bring to Your VITA Appointment

For U.S. Citizens or Resident Aliens, bring a completed Intake/Interview and Quality Review Sheet IRS Form 13614-C

Non-Resident Aliens:

  • bring a completed Nonresident Alien Intake and Interview Sheet.pdf (attached)
  • your current Passport
  • Form I-94, Arrival and Departure Record
  • Proof of identification (photo ID) for all taxpayers to be included on your tax return
  • Please note: if you are married filing jointly, your spouse must be present
  • Original Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
  • OR Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter(s) for you, your spouse and your dependents
  • Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
  • Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
  • All Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
  • If you work at a UH system campus, you can access your W-2 via our P.A.S.S After logging into the system, in the center of the page under “Payroll” select “View W-2/W-2c Forms.”
  • All Forms 1042-S, Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding. PLEASE NOTE if you will be getting this form, we cannot complete your tax return until you have received it. Please see our “How do I know if I’m getting a Form 1042-S” website to determine if you need to wait for this form.
  • If you are a student, bring all current year Fee Bills (spring, summer and fall 2018). Fee bills are accessible via Peoplesoft. After logging in, navigate to your Student Center and click on “View Fee Bill” under “My Account.”
  • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
  • Documentation of property taxes paid on your home or personal property (vehicles)
  • Documentation of any donations made to U.S. charities
  • All Forms 1095, Health Insurance Statements
  • Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
  • A copy of last year’s federal returns (and state returns if you were previously in another state outside of the State of Texas), if available (this is always very helpful!)
  • Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit, such as a blank check
  • To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
  • Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying numbers such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
  • Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements
  • Copies of income transcripts from IRS, if applicable [and state and state returns, if you were previously in another state outside of the State of Texas, if applicable]
  • For all tax documents from all sources of income you received in the current tax year (W-2, 1099-MISC, etc.), if you had more than one part-time job or internship, please wait until you receive tax documents from all of them (or follow up with your respective employer) before coming to get your taxes done.