Skip to main content

State Funds


Travelers using State funds are limited up to the federal travel rates indicated for the travel destination (see U.S. General Services Administration website at ). Itemized receipts are required for lodging expenses


State-contracted hotels. Travelers making lodging arrangements must verify that a state-contracted hotel is used.  A list of contracted hotels is available at: . Also, travelers must ensure that they are within the maximum lodging reimbursement rates listed on the U.S. General Service Administration website. 

Hotel Engine. Travelers can also verify state-contracted hotels and/or state-contracted hotel room rates via Hotel Engine. If travelers don’t have access to the website, please email AP Travel at for assistance.

The Travel Exemption Certification Form will be required if a non-contracted hotel room is used. 

Sources: MAPP 04.02.01A; MAPP 04.02.01B; GSA Rates; Sec. 660.006. TRAVEL OF PROSPECTIVE STATE EMPLOYEES; FAQs for Travel Outside the U.S.; Domestic Travel FAQs; TexTravel/GSA - Federal Management Regulation; Texas Government Code, Section 660.113; Federal Travel Regulation (GSA - General Services Administration).