Admission DeadlinesApply for Spring Semester - August 1
Apply for Fall Semester - April 1
The Traditional BSN Track is designed for University of Houston students who start as freshmen and want to apply to the BSN degree program. The freshman and sophomore years will be at the University of Houston. After gaining admission in the nursing program, the junior and senior years will be taught face-to-face at the University of Houston at Katy instructional site.
The objective of the Traditional BSN Track is to produce graduates for professional nursing practice who can draw upon knowledge from the biological sciences, social sciences, humanities, and nursing to critically analyze human responses to actual and potential health problems and provide appropriate nursing interventions.
BSN Program Objectives
- Synthesize knowledge from the biological sciences, social sciences, behavioral sciences, humanities and nursing to provide appropriate culturally sensitive care to individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication, collaboration with other professionals and leadership and management skills.
- Critically analyze and apply research findings to nursing practice related to disease prevention, health promotion, illness care and restoration of health.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to evaluate the outcomes of nursing care.
- Serve as client advocates by providing health education and in monitoring and promoting access to cost-effective care.
- Encourage lifelong learning and create a foundation for graduate study.
- Integrate professional values and ethical, moral and legal aspects of nursing into practice in a variety of structured and unstructured settings.