Danielle Quintana, MSN RN CNOR-E
Interim Second Degree BSN Track Manager / Clinical Assistant ProfessorEducation
- MSN Thomas Edison State University, Trenton, NJ 2014
- Post-Masters Nurse Educator Certificate, Carey Edwards School of Nursing, 2014
- BSN Thomas Edison State University, Trenton, NJ 2009
- Certification of Operating Room Nursing (Emeritus)
- Thursday: 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Perioperative Nursing
- Pediatric and Adult Neurosurgery
- Surgical Conscience, Ethical Decision Making, and Advocacy
- Perioperative Nursing Practice
- Morality, Moral Courage
- Student Success
- Jan 2017 - Jul 2018 Certified Registered Nurse Operating Room, Nobilis Health Care - Hermann Drive Surgical Center, Houston, TX
- Aug 2012 - Jan 2016, Certified Registered Nurse Operating Room - Spine and Neuro Team Methodist Sugar Land Hospital, Sugar Land, TX
- Jul 2009 - Dec 2010, Nurse Coordinator of Neurosurgery, North Austin Medical Center, Austin, TX
- June 2006 - Jul 2009, Registered Nurse Operating Room, Adult Neurosurgery and Pediatric Neurosurgery Team Montefiore Medical Center, Children’s Hospital of Montefiore, The University Hospital for the Albert Einstein School of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- 2005 - 2006, Registered Nurse Operating Room, Clara Maass Medical Center, Saint Barnabas Healthcare System, Livingston, NJ
- 2020 University of Houston Faculty Excellence Award, Teaching Excellence Award, Group Teaching
- 2019 Nurse’s Touch Award, ATI Nursing Education
- 2019 Good Samaritan Foundation Excellence in Nursing Awards: Bronze Medalist
- 2016 Good Samaritan Foundation Excellence in Nursing Awards: Bronze Medalist
- Quintana, D.M. & Restrepo, E. (2020). Culturally competent care for the female Muslim patient in the operating room. Transcultural Nursing Conference: Influencing Research, Education, Practice and Administration.
- Schrader, P. K. & Quintana, D.M. (2020). A deep dive into deficient leadership scores revealed students are weak advocates. Poster. 2020 National Nurse Educator Summit. Seattle, WA.
- Quintana, D.M. (2019). Developing ethical decision-making skills in operating room nursing students. Poster. AORN Global Surgical Conference & Expo. Nashville, TN.
- Quintana, D.M. (2019). Promoting healthy work environments with civility training for operating room nursing students. Poster. Sigma Creating Healthy Work Environment Conference. New Orleans, LA.
- Quintana, D.M. (2018). Teaching patient safety and ethical decision-making skills in the operating room with nursing students using simulation. Poster. INACSL Conference. Toronto, Canada.
- Lightfoot, L. A., Quintana, D. M. (2017). Embracing Diversity in Nursing to Improve Healthcare. INSIGHT Into Diversity. January/February, p. 56-58. ISSN: 2154-0349