Internship Amount: $1,500
Application Deadline: November 26, 2021
The goal of the UH-LIFE internship program is support approximately 12 lower division undergraduate summer internships each year for a 4-6 week experience working with science master teachers and NSM faculty in STEM camps at the University of Houston. The summer internship program will introduce students with opportunities to teach early in their academic careers and it will serve as a recruitment tool where the interns will be future candidates for the Noyce Scholarship Program.
For Summer 2021, the internship will be a 5-weeks experience, allowing interns to provide virtual activities, experiments, and projects for upper elementary, middle school, and/or high school students. Upon completion of the internship experience, all interns will review and improve the lesson modules and make suggestions for future internships.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Observe all rules and regulations established by University of Houston and the teachHOUSTON program and assist in their enforcement.
- Collaborate with STEM undergraduates in developing and demonstrating online STEM learning resources.
- Partner with master teachers to develop and facilitate STEM lessons and projects.
- Facilitate small group meetings online (group and team planning sessions, field research, etc.).
- Work closely, cooperatively, and amicably with all staff members.
- NSM Major
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Have an interest in pursuing teaching
- Must have completed Step 1 or Introduction to STEM Teaching
- Must have a positive attitude!