- Jonny Wu (Committee Chair)
- Emily Beverly
- Maggie Ellis Curry
- Julia Wellner
- Thomas Lapen (Department Chair, Ex Officio)
- Keah Walker (Staff Liaison)
- Lucien Nana Yobo (Student Liaison)
Formed in the summer of 2020, the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences DEI Committee is charged with fostering a community that enhances diversity, promotes equity and inclusion, and also seeks to identify opportunities for faculty, staff, and students to better engage in training, outreach, mentorship, and student support opportunities.
Key Ongoing Initiatives
Listen to our faculty, staff, and student communities by hosting and participating in DEI discussions within the department.
- Graduate Student DEI Town Hall, Fall 2020
- Sedimentology Seminar on “Barriers to Diversity in Fieldwork,” Fall 2020
- EAS Faculty Meeting Discussions on Climate, Fall 2020 and Spring 2021
Extend our efforts to the college, university, and our greater scientific community by active participation in a range of other initiatives including:
- NSM College DEI Committee
- UH Seminars and Working Groups
- National and Professional Society Workshops and Committees
Identify paths to better support our existing students and recruit diverse and excellent future students.
- Undergraduate Student Research Initiatives
- Active Recruitment of Graduate School Applicants from a Range of Backgrounds and Holistic Graduate Admission Policies