To acknowledge racism and its inequities in an effort to dismantle them and to recommend and promote diverse, equitable, and inclusive initiatives in alignment with NSM’s core values to enrich the college’s culture and enhance the staff experience.
- DEI Impact Area 1 – Improve how we talk about, understand, and measure DEI through implementation of our mission and objectives.
- Action: Include staff from Indigenous, Latinx, Black, Asian Pacific Islander, LGBTQ+, and other communities).
- DEI Impact Area 2 – Invest in and provide training for staff through NSM Community Conversations and other workshops/trainings.
- Actions: Identify and address barriers; Advance diversity and retention; Advance (or Promote) gender equity; Address (or Educate about) implicit bias; Review baseline, mandatory and ongoing professional development.
- DEI Impact Area 3 – Community Engagement through the Third Ward Initiative and other community activities/opportunities.
- Actions: Staff Council and Center for Diversity and Inclusion service opportunities; City of Houston programs.
Subscribe To This Calendar
- UH Staff Council Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (Ad Hoc) Committee
- UH Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- President Renu Khator’s Racial Equity and Social Justice Committee
Marsha Braxton, Department of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
Callista Brown, Department of Mathematics
Stacy Halley, NSM Development Office (Chair)
Liandra Larsen, teachHOUSTON Program
Emily Merrill, NSM Business Office
Vanessa Vasquez, NSM Undergraduate Academic Advising
Contact the Committee
Reach out to the Staff DEI Committee with your ideas and comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.