The Humana Institute hosted a five-part leadership and professional development lecture series focused on emotional intelligence, stress management and more.
Rebecca Cox, senior talent management professional with Humana, will lead onehour virtual sessions, held every Friday from October 16 through November 13, 2020. This series was open to the UH community and Humana Institute community partners.
Details for each session is provided below. You can access the most recent Lunch & Learn below.
STRESS MANAGEMENT 10 A.M. FRIDAY, OCT. 16In today’s fast-paced lifestyle, it’s not uncommon to be juggling multiple priorities: work, children, elderly parents, service and more. Juggling priorities can impact your stress level, which can then impact your health and relationships. Join us as we discuss strategies for managing stress.
- Describe stress and its impact
- Discuss the current prevalence of stress
- Identify where, when, and how stress appears
- Describe three aspects of stress management
- Identify ways to retrain your brain
POWERFUL CHOICES 9 A.M. FRIDAY, OCT. 23Life is all about choices: from little ones like what to eat for breakfast to much more complex ones like how you react when something goes wrong. Join us for this in-depth look at how we make choices and discuss ways to get the outcomes we seek by making powerful choices
- Recognize how quickly we can jump to conclusions based on limited information
- Explain how the ladder of inference can help prevent internal biases from blocking good listening and rationale decision making
- Explain how individual mental models affect the choices we make
- Describe several listening techniques that if used correctly can help avoid jumping to conclusions
BE THE CEO OF YOU 9 A.M. FRIDAY, OCT. 30This session focuses on the importance of intentionally building and communicating your professional brand using your talent profile. Have you ever noticed that people don’t see all of your professional talents and accomplishments? We look at strategies you can use to influence how others perceive you by highlighting your talents, skills and accomplishments in your talent profile.
- Explain the differences between personal and professional brand
- Define what a career profile is*
- State the benefits of a having an up-to-date and complete career profile*
- Identify how you can market yourself through your career profile*
*The Career Profile is specific to Humana, but we could supplement with other material which would be applicable to any audience.
MIND OVER MATTER 9 A.M. FRIDAY, NOV. 6This session focuses on identifying how you might be holding yourself back or preventing yourself from moving forward in your career, your relationships, your education and so on due to your mindset, as well as actions you can take to approach your projects and challenges from a perspective of growth.
- Define growth vs. fixed mindset
- Identify your go-to mindset
- Recognize what your fixed mindset triggers are
- List ways to help yourself and others adopt a growth mindset
- Build a plan for adopting a growth mindset
DIMENSIONS OF SUCCESS 9 A.M. FRIDAY, NOV. 13There’s more to success than results. How you attain success and whom you work with is just as important.
- Distinguish between the three Dimensions of Success (Results, Process, & Relationships)
- Evaluate your own orientation in relation to the three dimensions of success
- Choose methods for working with others, based on their orientation
- Design a strategy to overcome a business challenge/opportunity