What is the Fluidity Conference?
Fluidity is a sexuality conference organized by students in conjunction with the LGBTQ Resource Center. The student planning committee seeks to create an environment of empowerment and incite discussion on the sexual spectrum.
Call out for Student Presenters
The second annual Fluidity Conference is seeking student presenters for both moderated panels and single presenter workshops on Friday, October 18th! Applications are open to any University of Houston undergraduate or graduate student. The deadline to apply is Thursday, September 19th.
Requirements for Presenting
- Be a current UH undergraduate or graduate student.
- Have a topic to present on. It can relate to the LGBTQ+ community, gender, race, religion, etc., but it must include a component of sexuality or sexual orientation.
- Schedule a practice/feedback session hosted by the conference
- Have an interactive component!
- Be open and honest (within your comfort level) about your experiences relating to your topic. This conference is for learning and connecting, so your experiences may help someone else in the room.
Nervous about Presenting?
Don't worry! All of the people presenting in this conference will be fellow students with varying levels of presentation experience. The only thing you have to do is come prepared to speak for 30-45 minutes depending on how long your Q&A/interactive component is. If you choose to present, the key is about sharing information with each other.
An example of a topic is: Being LGBTQ in Latinx Culture. You could prepare a presentation on this with general information, cultural impacts, and possibly personal experiences/anecdotes. This conference was founded in support and validation, so please bring your ideas! Chances are you speak about most of these issues with your friends on a regular basis, just own your topic!