Applications for Summer 2019 are now closed. Future applications will open at a later date.
February 2019, Learning Abroad was awarded a Cougar Initiative to Engage (CITE) grant to fund at least 30 scholarships to UH students with high financial need for participation in summer 2019 UH Faculty Led Programs Abroad (http://www.uh.edu/learningabroad/find-a-program/faculty-led-programs). The CITE will increase the number of UH students participating in high impact co-curricular activities that provide direct real-world experience, preparing students for success in their lives and careers upon graduation. CITE Learning Abroad Scholarship awards will range from $1,500 - $2,000 depending on the cost and length of the program.
If awarded, students must complete the pre and post critical reflections administered by the Director of Learning Abroad.
- Must be a UH undergraduate student participating in a summer 2019 UH faculty-led program
- Must have completed two semesters of study at UH
- Must have a minimum of two semesters of study remaining after the program abroad (not including the semester of the program)
- Must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative UH GPA
- Must have demonstrated significant financial need as determined through cost of attendance, expected family contribution and student financial aid package
Application Deadline: Sunday, March 3rd at 11:59 p.m.
Award Notifications: On or before March 20, 2019
For questions about this scholarship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.