Applications for Summer 2022 are now open to students on specific UH faculty-led programs.
Learning Abroad was awarded a Cougar Initiative to Engage (CITE) grant to fund at 40 scholarships to UH students with high financial need for participation in summer 2022 UH Faculty Led Programs Abroad. The CITE funds will increase the number of UH students participating in high impact co-curricular activities that provide direct real-world experience, preparing students for success in their lives and careers upon graduation. CITE Learning Abroad Scholarship awards will be $1,500 each.
Qualifying programs include:
- Cadiz, Spain as a Classroom (Dr. Goodin-Mayeda)
- CommD Coogs in Belize (Dr. Andrews)
- Exploring Ancient Greece (Dr. Barnes)
- Engineering Grand Challenges in Ghana (Dr. Henderson)
- Medical Spanish in Mexico (Dr. Zubiate)
If awarded, students must complete pre and post survey assessments as communicated by CITE and Learning Abroad. Faculty leaders for those students are also required to complete survey assessments on those of their students who receive a CITE Learning Abroad award.
- Must be a UH undergraduate student participating in a summer 2022 UH faculty-led program
- Must have completed one semester of study at UH
- Must have a minimum of two semesters of study remaining after the program abroad (not including the semester of the program)
- Must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative UH GPA
- Must have demonstrated significant financial need as determined through cost of attendance, expected family contribution and student financial aid package
- May not have previously recieved CITE funding for a Learning Abroad program
Application Deadline: Tuesday, March 1st, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
Award Notifications: early April 2022
For questions about this scholarship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.