Individuals applying for the MA program with thesis should have an undergraduate degree in theatre or have completed at least 24 semester hours in theatre at the undergraduate or post-baccalaureate level with a grade point average of at least 3.00 (A = 4.00). All applicants must provide the following:
- A Statement of Purpose describing the applicant’s educational and theatrical background as well as his or her reasons for wanting to pursue this particular degree.
- Official transcripts from the applicant’s undergraduate institution(s).
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or professional colleagues familiar with the applicant’s work.
- Official GRE scores (the GRE requirement has been suspended for Fall 2021 admission to the MA, Theatre Studies)
- A writing sample consisting of 10-20 pages of the applicant’s best scholarly writing.
Priority given to applications received by February 15, however applications continue to be accepted throughout the Spring. Absolute Deadline (if space is still available) is May 15 of the same year.
How to Apply