Data Management and Analytics services are core components in our efforts to facilitate information-based decision making. The Data Warehouse infrastructure has grown since its inception in 2007 and now holds over 1.6TB of data to provide an efficient data reporting and visualization capabilities for the campus community. On average, there are more than 470 daily visits to UH public and private dashboard websites.
- With the University – Community Advancement: Managing an enormous quantity of data and making it easily accessible to executives and managers keeps UH on track to fulfill the workforce needs of our rapidly growing city and region.
- With the University — Student Success: By presenting concise, clear, up-to-date insights derived from vast underlying data, UIT helps inform critical decisions that boost the ability of our students to successfully complete their educational objectives.
- With the State — Data Utility: Our Data Warehouse and the growing number of dashboards built on it help UHS and UH to succeed in the Data Management & Governance and Data Analytics components of this TX-DIR goal.
- Over 1.6TB of data hosted in the UH Data Warehouse environment.
- Standardized processes for data integration from various sources.
- A Unified Dashboard environment for the efficient and secure display of key performance metrics for the UH community.
PATH TO SUCCESS
- Encourage the business owners to grasp their key performance metrics.
- Sustain standardized data integration processes, presentation tools/templates, security and a unified data visualization environment.
- Continue supporting the emerging data analytics needs of UH.
- Expand the Unified Dashboard environment to facilitate informed UH operations.