Only first-year students are able to live in Cougar Village l. Cougar Village I also houses the freshmen Honors Community, the Chinese Major Community, Impact Community, Hotel and Restaurant Management Community, and Natural Sciences Major Community.
- 24-hour desk operation and security
- First Year Residential Experience (FYRE) program
- Free laundry facilities
- Computer Lab
- Two kitchens on every floor, complete with community refrigerator, oven, stove, and microwave.
- 2 large study lounges per floor complete with dry erase boards and a community tv.
- Two large social lounges per floor
- Adjacent to the Fresh Food Company at Moody Towers (dining hall)
- Cougar Xpress market (convenience store)
- Wired/wireless Internet
- Movable furniture in the rooms
- Mini Fridge in the rooms
- Fitness room
- Bike Racks
Per Semester/Per Person
Cougar Village l Double
The following utilities are included in the semester charge.
- PHILO TV System
The most convenient parking option for Cougar Village 1 residents is the nearby Welcome Center Student Garage or Parking Zone D across Wheeler. Permit required. A Zipcar car-sharing vehicle is located on the east side of the building.
Cougar Village 1 residents live adjacent to Moody Towers Dining Commons, University’s flagship residential dining hall. Moody Towers Dining Commons is 33,000 square feet of delicious all-you-care-to-eat food served from nine different stations. Residents of Cougar Village 1 are required to select a residential meal plan.
Cougar Village I is located on the south side of the campus between two other residence halls – Moody Towers and Cougar Village 2. Residents will be able to see the southeast MetroRail route outside their building and make use of the service to travel to downtown Houston.
4385 Cougar Village Drive
Houston, TX 77204-7002