Skip to main content

How to Apply and FAQ's

For departments looking to sponsor guests, please email for more information. We will get back to you within 2 business days regarding availability.


How does the sponsoring department submit payment?

  • A monthly invoice will be sent to the guest or UH department sponsoring the guest. Payments must be submitted within 2 weeks of receipt.
  • If paying with cash or check, please visit the Student Housing & Residential Life Business Office located at 4377 Cougar Village Drive, Suite 121 during regular business hours of 8am-4:30pm, Monday- Friday. Credit card payments can be made by calling 713-743-6059. Staff will assist with card payments of Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. Be sure to provide the invoice number for ease of processing your payment.

If the guest is covering their own stay, does the sponsoring department still need to provide the Cost Center and Speed Type information?

  • Yes, please note that the Cost Center and Speed Type section must be filled out by the UH department, regardless of who is paying. If it is indicated on the reservation form that the guest is paying, all invoices will be sent to the guest for payment.

What if the guest would like to change the length of their stay?

  • In the event that a guest requests to extend their stay at University Lofts, a new reservation form will need to be completed.

What if the guest does not pay?

  • All reservations are subject to potential internal processing for past due payments. Departments who opt to have guests pay on their own will be responsible for the balance due if the sponsored guest does not submit payment within 30 days of move-in. The account information listed on the reservation form will be used. If this step is taken, the Certifying Authority will be informed in advance.

Is the sponsoring department responsible for lost key charges?

  • Yes, a fee will be added to the invoice for lost keys. Prices are subject to change.