Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for housing?

Applying for housing is easy! Simply log in to AccessUH using your CougarNet ID or MyUH Login, and select the myHousing icon to complete an application. Once your application is processed, you will receive a confirmation email.

Where can I find information about COVID-19 updates and protocols in housing?

Please visit the following pages for updates and resources related to COVID-19 in on-campus housing:

What are the housing options available?

We have 7 on-campus housing options available for students. Cougar Village I, Cougar Village II, Cougar Place, University Lofts, Moody Towers, The Quad, and Bayou Oaks. Cougar Village I & II are reserved for freshmen. Moody Towers is available to all classifications of students. Cougar Place, The Quad, and Bayou Oaks are available to students who have sophomore standing or higher. The University Lofts are available to students who have junior standing or higher

How can I tour the residence halls?

Students can utilize the virtual tours for all residence halls on our website at,

If you would like to take a virtual tour led by a UH Ambassador you can schedule an appointment by, visiting

How much does housing cost?

Each residence hall’s price point varies. You can view our rate sheet here,

Are freshmen required to live on campus at UH?

No, freshmen are not required to live on campus.

Are graduate students able to apply for housing?

Yes, graduate students can apply for housing! Graduate students can live in Cougar Place, Moody Towers, Bayou Oaks, or the University Lofts.

How do I find a roommate?

You can find a roommate using RoomSync. RoomSync is a self-selection app that allows you to find potential roommates that you may be compatible with. After you applied for housing, you should’ve received an email with a link inviting you to join RoomSync that will prompt you to set up your online profile. Once you’ve set up your RoomSync profile, you will be able to start viewing potential roommate matches.

Will I need my Cougar Card to live on campus? How can I obtain my Cougar Card?

Your Cougar Card is the official University of Houston access card for all students, allowing you entry to your on-campus housing location, to use your ShastaBUCKS, meal plans and on-campus printing. Your card also gives you entry to the on-campus Recreation Center and free entry into most UH games and events. Visit the Cougar Card website for Step-by-Step Photo Upload Guidelines and click here for more information about Cougar Cards.

How do I contact my residence hall front desk?

For general housing questions, contact the main Housing Office (M-F, 8am-5pm) at 713-743-6000.

You are also encouraged to call your front desk using the phone numbers below:

  • Bayou Oaks - 713-743-6594
  • Cougar Place - 713-743-6994
  • Cougar Village I - 832-842-6020
  • Cougar Village II - 713-743-6432
  • Moody Towers North - 713-743-6057
  • Moody Towers South - 713-743-6056
  • The Quad – 713-743-6044
  • University Lofts - 832-842-5638

What are my dining options if I choose to stay on campus?

For information about Dining Services and Meal Plans, visit

Where can I park?

Residents who choose to bring a car to campus can purchase a parking permit through UH Parking & Transportation. A list of available permit options can be viewed here,

Are the residence halls open during winter break?

Yes. The residential halls are open through the academic term and through winter break.