The Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans
National Deadline: November 1, 2018 (2:00 PM EST)
Paul and Daisy Soros, Hungarian immigrants and American philanthropists, established their fellowship program to assist young New Americans in supporting their advanced degrees. Thirty Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans are awarded annually to support up to two years of graduate study (a total of as much as $90,000) in any field and in any advanced degree-granting program in the U.S.
This scholarship does not require university nomination, but it is encouraged that you contact Dr. Ben Rayder should you have any questions regarding the application process for this award.
Eligible candidates should be:
- A New American (a green card holder or naturalized citizen if born abroad; a child of naturalized citizens if born in this country).
- Younger than 31 years old, as of the application deadline.
- A college senior or holder of a bachelor’s degree.
- Not beyond second year – if already enrolled – in the graduate degree program for which support is requested.
- Demonstrate academic excellence, leadership abilities, and concern for the greater good; selection criteria emphasizes creativity, originality, initiative, and sustained accomplishment.
- Read the application information available online at the scholarship’s website.
- Talk to professors and mentors about securing letters of recommendation.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a representative from the Office of Undergraduate Research should you have any questions about the application process.