Creating Your Research Poster
In order to present at Undergraduate Research Day or represent the University of Houston at an external conference, you must use a UH Branding-approved poster template.
You may convert these PDF files to PowerPoint files to add your content easily. Do NOT move, resize, duplicate, or change the color of the logos in these templates. Do not add additional logos. UH Branding policy states that only one logo is needed. Please include names of colleges or departments beneath presenters' names on the poster.
- Black Banner with White Primary Logo
- Brick Banner with White Primary Logo
- Cream Banner with Black Primary Logo
- Forest Banner with White Primary Logo
- Gold Banner with Black Primary Logo
- Red Banner with White Primary Logo
- Red Banner with White Interlocking UH
- Slate Banner with White Primary Logo
- White Banner with Primary Black Logo
- White Banner with Primary Red and Grey Logo
- White Banner with Red Interlocking UH
PowerPoint Poster Setup
Creating and editing a poster in Microsoft PowerPoint. Please note that the templates above are already sized appropriately and you should NOT resize them.
- Open Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Select New Presentation.
- Go to File.
- Select Page Setup.
- Set Width to 40 inches.
- Set Height to 36 inches.
- Click OK. Your poster is now in landscape mode.
- In Format, choose the desired Font, Slide Background and Theme Colors for your poster.
- Go to Insert.
- Select Text Box.
This will enable you to include all of the required sections for your poster.
You may download UH Branding-approved logos at the UH Download Zone. Do NOT insert images from Google Images or other websites, as this will lead to your poster not being approved for use at Undergraduate Research Day without revision.
When using the University of Houston logo on your poster, you must secure University Marketing's approval to ensure the appropriate logo is displayed. To secure approval, email UH Branding, branding@CENTRAL.UH.EDU .Proofreading Your Research Poster
- Confirm poster is well organized and easy to read
- Check for spelling and grammatical errors
- Check each text box to ensure there are no typos or overlapping of text and boxes
- Confirm there are no pixelated images
- Confirm all collaborators and supporters of project have been identified
- Confirm all references and citations have been noted