Skip to main content

Dual Degree Programs

Dual degree programs allow students to earn two degrees in less time than it would take to complete them sequentially. Students interested in this option must be admitted separately to each of the programs and admission to one has no official bearing on admission to the other. Since admission to two programs is required, interested students are encouraged to begin the application process early.

Graduate Dual Degrees

The Hobby School currently offers several graduate dual degree programs with other UH colleges/departments:

    • Master of Arts in Applied Economics/Master of Public Policy (MAAE/MPP)

    • Master of Social Work/Master of Public Policy (MSW/MPP)

    • Juris Doctorate/Master of Public Policy (JD/MPP)

Undergraduate/Graduate Dual Degrees
(Accelerated Pathway Programs)

The Hobby School also currently offers several undergraduate/graduate dual degree programs (also called accelerated pathway programs or 4+1) with other UH colleges/departments:

  • Bachelor of Business Administration/Master of Public Policy (BBA/MPP)

  • Honors College-Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies/Master of Public Policy (Honors College-BA/BS Liberal Studies/MPP)

  • Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Master of Public Policy (BA/BS Psychology/MPP)

  • Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy/Master of Public Policy (BA Philosophy/MPP)