To empower all international students, information concerning requirements, visa status verification, enrollment activation, waiver submissions and other topics have been made available using multiple methods.
International students, regardless of their visa status, are required to acknowledge that they have read and understand the University of Houston International Student Health Insurance Requirement each term.
Communication methods include, but are not limited to:
- New International Student Checklist/Orientation
- International Student and Scholar Services Office
- Student Health Center
- Academic Healthplans
- Emails from Academic HealthPlans and the university to international students charged the health insurance fee
- Health Insurance Notification Hold that requires all international students to acknowledge that they have read and understand the International Student Health Insurance Requirements.
- International Students Health Insurance Requirements
- What Do You Need To Do Guide
- Enrollment Activation and Waiver Instructions
- Online Enrollment Activation and Waiver Period
- Waiver Submission Minimum Requirements
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Notification of Non-Compliance
Academic HealthPlans will notify the University of Houston if an international student who has been charged the health insurance fee has not completed their ENROLLMENT ACTIVATION or SUBMITTED A WAIVER for the current term.
These international students will receive reminders until they have completed their enrollment activation, submitted a waiver request or updated their international status. The notification will include a link and instructions for students to read the following information.
The University of Houston has submitted your eligibility for enrollment in the Student Health Insurance Plan for the current term.
The International Student and Scholar Services Office (ISSSO) is determining how to respond to recently issued SEVP guidance. Their office is in the process of developing procedures and forms to collect the information from UH international students who will be outside the United States due to COVID-19 during the entire Fall 2020 Term insurance coverage period of August 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020.
The Student Health Center does not interpret/update a student's international status or determine who is required to enrolled in the UH System endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan.
Please contact the Office of International Student and Scholar Services (ISSSO) if you have questions about your international status or their COVID-19 response.
ACTION REQUIRED: You must ACTIVATE your enrollment in the Student Health Insurance Plan or submit a WAIVER each coverage period. Go to myahpcare.com Enrollment Activation and Waiver for more information.
If you do not ACTIVATE your enrollment in the Student Health Insurance Plan, submit a waiver or update your international status prior to the posted deadline, your enrollment will automatically activate approximately 10 days after the close of Open Enrollment Activation and Waiver Period for the designated coverage period.
Status changes that may affect or reverse a student's waiver or enrollment in the mandatory Student Health Insurance must be posted to the student's university account no later than the posted semester deadline.
Please include your university ID number when corresponding with any university department.
Academic HealthPlans Customer Service
Third-party administrator that provides program management and administrative services for the UH System endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan
|Email Form:||Contact AHP|
- Insurance Account Login
- Insurance Account Address Changes
- Insurance Policy Number Lookup
- Insurance ID Information
- Coverage Period Verification (End/Start)
- Waiver Processing
BlueCross and BlueShield of Texas – AcademicBlue
AcademicBlue is the UH System endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan offered by BlueCross and BlueShield of Texas (BCBSTX).
- Insurance ID Cards
- Questions about international/visa status
- Visa status review and updates
- Requirements for international students
|Phone:||713-743-1010, option 7|
- Questions about Residency Status
|Phone:||713-743-1010, option 6|
- Billing Due Dates
- Payment Plans
- Processes claims for services provided at the Student Health Center
- Provide information concerning services covered by the Student Health Insurance Plan when services are provided at the Student Health Center
- Coordinates UH System endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan communications and reporting on behalf of the university
The Student Health Center does not interpret/update a student's international status or determine who is required to enrolled in the UH System endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan. Contact the International Student and Scholar Services Office (ISSSSO) with questions about your international status.