I-20 and Financial Backing Information - University of Houston
Skip to main content
The following documents are not required until AFTER you are offered admission. Additional documents will be required if you are claiming dependents or transferring a current I-20 to the University of Houston (see F-1 Visa Information).

SEVIS Transfer In Form

If you are currently studying in the United States on an F-1 at a different college or university, please take the form below to your current International office to schedule the transfer of your SEVIS record.

UH I-20 Requests

Request to pick up a physical I-20 document from SEVIS Coordinator using this form.

I-20 Calculator

***This calculator is intended for estimation purposes only. Additional charges related to your specific program are not reflected.

***For purposes of this calculator, estimates for off-campus/online students are presented the same.

***For I-20 purposes, the waiver is based on 9 credit hours.

Detailed Breakdown of the Estimate

  • Graduate Tuition

    For more information for consolidated tuition and incidental fees per semester go to Graduate Tuition – Fiscal Year 2024.
    The chart below displays consolidated tuition and incidental fees per semester credit hour based on major. Please note that consolidated fees do not include required fees such as the Student Services Fee, Extended Access Fee, Recreation and Wellness Center Fee, and UC Fee.

  • Mandatory Fees

    For more information about mandatory fees go to Graduate Fees – The fiscal Year 2024

  • Health Insurance

    For more information about Health Insurance go to University Fees and Academic Health Plans.

  • Books and Supplies

    Book and supplies expenses are $1,300/year
  • Living Expenses

    Living expenses are $14,300/year.