Tailgaters and Special Events Requirements
Grills / Fryers / Warmers / Smokers
- Grills / Smokers can be propane, charcoal or wood fired.
- 3A40BC extinguisher is required when cooking is being done. If using grease or oil a K type is also required.
- No grills are to be used under tents or canopies and must be located at least 5 ft from tents and 10 ft from a structure.
- Commercial fryers cannot be used under tents. A non-combustible flooring must be used under fryers. The fryer must be equipped with quick release covers activated by a fusible link to drop the covers.
- Warming vessels are allowed if sternos or electricity are the fuel that supplies the heat.
- A maximum of 3 sternos are allowed in hot boxes to keep food warm.
- Generators may be gasoline or diesel-fueled, and all must be grounded with a grounding rod or stake.
- No excessive amperage draws or daisy chains of receptacles are permitted. Heavy-duty outdoor extension cords are required.
- Additional fuel must be kept a minimum of 10 feet from the site of the generator.
- No refueling is permitted while generator is running.
- Tents over 10 ft x 10 ft require a permit through the Fire Marshal’s Office.
- Tents are to be at least 10ft apart if not used together (stake to stake or barrel to barrel).
- All tents must be secured using one of the following methods:
- Filled water barrels or buckets
- Stakes driven into ground (after utilities are verified)
- Tie-offs to a vehicle or other stationary object
- Weights or sand bags