Chris and Helen Smith Incoming Freshman Scholarship - Incoming Freshmen
This scholarship is available to incoming freshman majoring in Education.
Notification of awards will be sent to your UH email address. Please make sure your destination email is update in PeopleSoft (MyUH).
- Scholarship applicant must be an incoming freshman.
- Scholarship applicant must major in education.
- Scholarship applicant must be a resident in on-campus housing.
- Scholarship applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Scholarship applicant can be a full-time undergraduate seeking student in good standing at the University of Houston.
- Scholarship recipient must have a GPA in accordance with the standards set by the College of Education Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Scholarship recipient may accept other scholarships and grants in conjunction with the Chris and Helen Smith Incoming Freshman Scholarship.
- Funds can be used to cover expenses for tuition, books, fees, and/or supplies for the coming academic semester. Any expenses of a recipient in excess of the amount deposited must be borne by the student
To Apply, please follow the Scholarship Application Process