All graduate applications have both University requirements and department requirements. Therefore, we require that some materials be sent to two different locations. Please find the process outlined below. We have also provided all the forms that must be submitted with your application materials. You can access these by selecting the imbedded links. Please be sure that you have adobe reader installed in order to access and print these forms.
Only applications completed and received by September 1, 2009 will be reviewed.
MMT Graduate Admissions Materials:
Send University materials to:
University of Houston
111 C.N. Hilton
Houston, TX 77204-3051
All Departmental materials should be collected in one large envelope before being sent. Please include your name, date of birth, and email on all materials submitted.
All Applicants (M.Ed. and Ed.D. as well as International and Domestic):
- Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Scores -
- Institutional code: 6870
- Scores must be no more than 5 years old as of the application deadline.
- For information about scheduling a test at the University of Houston, visit University of Houston Testing Services.
- Send scores to the University of Houston Main Campus, not Downtown.
- If you do not have current GRE scores, schedule your exam and include a statement that indicates that the exam is scheduled for that specific date. Exam scores must be submitted by November 1, 2009.
- Application Fee
- In order to expedite the process, the application fee has been waived for this round of applications.
- Two (2) sealed official copies of transcripts from ALL universities attended
- Unofficial copies of transcripts may be submitted with the application packet, but official transcripts must be received by November 1, 2009
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Choose writers who know you professionally, primarily employers, volunteer supervisors or instructors.
- Each letter should be sealed and the writer’s signature should appear over the envelope’s seal if the applicant will be handling the letter.
- Letters may be sent in by letter writer if necessary.
- All letters of recommendation must be received by September 15, 2009.
- Resume or Curriculum Vita
- Goal Statement
- Include any relevant experience, education, research interests, and goals.
- Writing Sample - Instructional Technology & Mathematics Education Doctoral Applicants ONLY:
- Independently completed for a professional or scholarly audience.
- On a cover sheet, explain the purpose of the document and when, where and for whom it was completed.
- Due to the nature of this program, we have extended the application process beyond the University’s deadlines. As a result, you may NOT submit your application through the regular University channels.
- Please select the M.Ed in Mathematics Education. If you select another program/major we may not receive your application materials.