Teachers in the program will:
- Earn 15 UH graduate credit hours (Free!) in 24 months
- Have the opportunity to receive a 4 – 8 Master Mathematics Teacher Certification
Who is eligible for the program?
Applicants must meet the following requirements to take part in this program:
- One year of teaching middle school math
- Teacher certification in 4-8 Math or equivalent (4-8 generalists or 1-8 generalists may apply if they have been teaching middle school math)
- Must continue to teach middle school math for the next two years.
Who is paying for this program?
Tuition & fees will be generously underwritten by the Society of Petroleum Engineers – Gulf Coast Section and Shell Oil Company
When will classes start?
The first class will be offered in Fall 2009. The class is scheduled to begin September 15, and will meet on Tuesday evenings from 5:00 – 8:00 pm.
Where will the classes be offered?
Students won’t have to travel to the UH campus to take part in the program. Classes will be held at Houston Community College – Spring Branch
1010 W. Sam Houston Pkwy, Houston, TX 77043.
Will these classes apply to a graduate degree?
Yes. All classes offered through this program may be applied to the University of Houston M.Ed or Ed.D in Curriculum and Instruction – emphasis in mathematics education.