"Honoring those who exemplify the Division's commitment to Supporting Student Success."
2021 DSAES Awards
Nominations are open from March 24, 2021, to May 3, 2021.
The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services Awards program is designed to honor staff members (individually or as a group in some cases) who exemplify the Division's commitment to service. The awards recognize the ongoing contributions to excellence that members of the UH community put forth each day in two ways: the Golden Paw Employee of the Month and at our Annual Awards Banquet held each May.
Note: The 2021 annual awards banquet will not be held in person.
Any member of the UH community can nominate an individual or a group of individuals who embodies the message of an award. Be sure to look at the criteria for this year's awards before nominating. All nominees should reflect the overall mission and vision of the Division while making an outstanding contribution to our collective goals. Along with recognizing work on committees, projects and task forces, those who excel in day-to-day job expectations are also eligible as nominees for any of the DSAES Awards.
Selection Committee and Nomination Tips
The DSAES Awards Selection Committee is comprised of: Faculty Senate Representative, Staff Council Representative, Student Government Association Representative, Human Resources Representatives, and Dan Maxwell (Facilitator)
Some tips for completing nominations for the DSAES Awards include:
- Each nomination will require one completed nomination from individuals other than the nominee.
- The Division Professional Awards of Excellence will require a completed nomination form and two supporting letters.
- Nomination information provided will go to the selection committee for review.
- Anyone (students, faculty, staff, etc.) can nominate/support individuals/groups for any of the DSAES Awards.
- If you wish to nominate the same individual or group for more than one award, you will need to complete separate nominations for each award.
- An individual or group can only win one award per year.
- An award winner in a particular award category is not eligible to be nominated for the same award the next year; but an individual or group can be nominated in another award category if they meet the criteria.
- All nominees will be notified of their nomination and expected to attend the DSAES Awards Program and Luncheon.
Congratulations to the 2020 DSAES Awards Recipients:
- Cougar Spirit Award
Scott Moore, Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Diversity & Inclusion Award
Norma Lara Cisneros, Campus Recreation
Excellence in Programming Award
CAPS Clinical Services Committee (Department), Counseling and Psychological Services
Alex Preston (Individual), Student Housing and Residential Life
Friend of the Division
Amber Mollhagen, Graduate College of Social Work
Graduate Assistant Award of Excellence
Brianna Smallman, Center for Student Involvement
Christina Flake, Admissions
Outstanding Administrative Assistant/Support Staff Award of Excellence
Pamela Moon, Center for Fraternity & Sorority Life
Outstanding Assessment Award
The Center for Fraternity & Sorority Life
Outstanding Marketing & Communication Award
Kirsten Clark (Individual), Enrollment Services Communications & Marketing
Student Housing and Residential Life Marketing (Department)
Outstanding New Professional Award of Excellence
Allyson Yolland, Center for Student Involvement
Outstanding Professional Award of Excellence
Gil Lizalde, Business Services
Kyle Stehling, DSAES IT Services
Rising Star Award of Excellence
André Adams, AD Bruce Religion Center
Student Employee of Excellence
Cody Rickards, Campus Recreation
Student Leader Award of Excellence
Eduardo Adams, Council of Cultural Activities (Center for Student Involvement)
Student Success Award
Minority Male Living Learning Community, Student Housing and Residential Life
Joseph Secrest, Campus Recreation
The Ambassador Award
Lorraina Schroeder, LGBTQ Resource Center
Tier One Customer Service – Department Award
Center for Student Involvement
Tier One Customer Service – Individual Award
Kirven McKissic, IT Support/Student Housing and Residential Life