Welcome to the Powerhouse!
Whether you are an incoming freshman, transfer, or returning student, we are extremely excited that you are part of the UH community. As you begin your time as a Coog, I want you to know that everyone in the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services is dedicated to your success and to meeting all of your needs.
Team members across Student Affairs and Enrollment Services want you to have an amazing campus experience. We have many resources available to you, either remotely or in person, and we hope you will take advantage of the many services we offer when you need them:
- Enrollment Services has several departments dedicated to getting you enrolled in classes and solving any issues you may have, including with registration or your finances.
- Involvement on campus is key to enhancing your time at UH, as it introduces you to campus life and UH’s culture, spirit and traditions. We are here to help you get involved.
- Support on campus is vital to your success, and we in Student Affairs and Enrollment Services can support both your academic and personal success.
- Living on campus can enrich your campus experience in immeasurable ways. Student Housing and Residential Life offers a positive living and learning environment for all students.
- Your health and well-being is one of our top priorities. Whether you need physical, mental or spiritual support, we can help you.
We also refuse to stand still. We have put in place a continuous improvement process that includes regularly assessing our programs and services to make sure we are offering you the quality support you need. And we may need your help with that. At some point, we may ask students for feedback that will help us get better. Your input is invaluable to improving our programs and services and ensuring that we fulfill our and UH’s educational mission.
We encourage you to walk around campus and learn all you can about the University of Houston. And we would also love for you to seek us out and find out which of our programs and services can help you on your journey to become a UH alumnus.
The years you spend at UH should be some of the best ones of your life, and we are here to help make that happen if you’ll let us. Please reach out and tell us how.
Daniel Maxwell, Ed.D.
Interim Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Services