The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services exemplifies its own mission, vision, and values, by undertaking the following strategic initiatives.
Champion exceptional opportunities and services to support all UH students.
- Engage all students to intentionally develop leadership qualities, critical thinking and communication skills, diversity competencies, and personal growth.
- Expand diverse experiences on exploration and education while identifying and meeting the needs of our student population through supportive, inclusive environments.
- Foster the holistic well-being of all students through coordinated, intentional services and processes.
- Enhance assessment of student success by defining measures at the departmental and divisional level with focus on the impact of our programs and services.
- Enrich the sense of connection, belonging, and shared UH identity among all students.
Create and foster a cohesive division identity, culture, and community.
- Implement staff communication strategies that promotes a mutual understanding of who we are and what we do.
- Strengthen staff connections within the division, both professionally and personally.
- Invest in staff success through professional development, recognition, and opportunities for broader participation throughout the division.
- Foster collaborative divisional processes focused on common goals.
- Promote and create initiatives that support a healthy work/life balance while contributing to division success.
Evaluate, actively pursue, and leverage resources to enhance the UH experience.
- Evaluate resources to identify opportunities for efficiency, improvement, and transformation.
- Pursue and develop resources to address identified gaps and needs.
- Leverage and adapt resources in innovative ways to increase effective utilization.
Forge and strengthen partnerships to expand our reach into the university and greater community.
- Educate and empower campus partners to be our advocates.
- Enhance students' educational experience by expanding partnerships with academic affairs.
- Create opportunities for our students by developing initiatives that support our neighboring communities.
- Expand strategic partnerships with K-12 schools and other post-secondary institutions.
- Promote alumni engagement and support for division initiatives in cooperation with Advancement.
- Raise the profile of the division through regional, national, and international involvement.