Vaccine Clinics – Fall 2021
Coordinated by HR’s POWER UP employee wellness program and the Student Health Center, H-E-B pharmacists will be on campus offering the flu shot to faculty and staff (with BCBSTX HealthSelect), and to students (with the school’s insurance) at no cost during a series of clinics running through mid-September 2021.
Faculty, staff and students without the aforementioned insurance are subject to a fee for the flu and shingles vaccines. Additionally, the clinics will provide no-cost Pfizer COVID-19 vaccinations to any UH faculty, staff or student yet to receive one. See below for more information. Individual appointments will be necessary and are not transferrable from one person to another.
To attend a vaccination clinic, you must:
- Review and adhere to the University’s Guidelines for COVID-19.
- Agree that you will only participate if you DO NOT have any COVID-19 symptoms .
- Engage in a pre-vaccination screening upon arrival
- Consent to having your temperature taken.
- Strive to minimize contact with others through social distancing, and masks are strongly encouraged.
To receive your vaccinations, you will need to:
- Schedule your appointment early. Appointments will be closed one day prior to each clinic and no walk-ins will be allowed.
- Make your appointment online for a day, time & location that works for you by clicking one of the registration links under the vaccine clinics schedule below.
- PRINT A HARD COPY of the vaccination consent form , complete it in its entirety IN ADVANCE, and BRING IT WITH YOU. [ English Version | Spanish Version]
- Have the proper insurance card with you. UH Employees are asked to bring both their pharmacy insurance card (Optum RX) and medical insurance card (BCBSTX or other insurance). Employees 65 years or older with Medicare Part B need to bring their red, white, and blue card to the clinic. Students who have the school’s BCBSTX insurance should bring their student medical-pharmacy insurance card. Students on their parent’s insurance will need to bring both their pharmacy and medical insurance cards. If you are uninsured, you are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at no charge.
- Wear a sleeveless shirt/have your sleeves rolled up for efficient administration of the shot/s.
Vaccine Clinics Schedule
Click one of the registration links below to make an appointment to receive your vaccination/s. (*For COVID-19 vaccination, select “Immunization, Immunization”).
|Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2021||University of Houston|
|10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.||M.D. Anderson Library, Rockwell Pavilion||Register|
|2:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M.||Campus Recreation & Wellness Center Lobby Rotunda Lobby||Register|
|2:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.||UH Technology Bridge Bldg. 4, Rm. 110||Register|
|Monday, Sept. 13, 2021|
|9:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.||M.D. Anderson Library, Rockwell Pavilion||Register|
|3:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M.||Campus Recreation & Wellness Center Lobby Rotunda Lobby||Register|
|Wednesday, Sept. 15, 2021|
|10:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.||Health 2 Building, TSO Room||Register|
|3:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M.||Health 2 Building, TSO Room||Register|
Not on the BCBSTX Medical plan? If you do not have BCBSTX insurance, it is recommended that you check with your insurance provider first. Some insurance companies require members to go only to their medical providers or pre-selected, approved sites.
Paying out of pocket? Flu shots will be available for $40.00. (The discounted rate for students will be $25.00.) Payment can be made via Zelle, Venmo, check with driver’s license or exact cash during the clinic.
Unable to attend one of the clinics? Faculty and staff can go to most pharmacies and receive the flu vaccine at no cost with the BCBSTX Health Select insurance plan. (Ask first to verify that coverage is provided at 100% or call HealthSelect of Texas toll free at 855 828-9834 for help in locating an in-network pharmacy.) COVID-19 vaccinations are widely available through pharmacies and medical providers. Students can receive flu shots at the Student Health Center while supplies last.
NOTE: To receive your second shot in the 2-shot series for COVID-19 and shingles, individuals may visit an HEB Pharmacy or their medical provider. (Those receiving the COVID-19 shot will be provided their CDC vaccination card to take with them.)
This year protect yourself and others. Please take time to GET YOUR FLU SHOT and other vaccinations at one of these on-campus clinics, a local pharmacy or medical provider.
Employees can contact Court Stein at POWERUP@uh.edu . Students can contact the Student Health Center at 713-743-5151.