What are the requirements to join the team?
The requirements to join the bowling club are as follows:
- Must be enrolled at a University of Houston Campus (Main, Cinco Ranch, Victoria, or Downtown) for at least 12 semester hours (fall and spring semester)
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Must have a commitment to attend and participate in schedule tournaments
- Must participate in bowling fundraising events to support participation schedule
- Must have school pride
Are we responsible for our own transportation to and from tournaments?
Transportation is provided and paid for by the various fundraising events thought the year. The two exceptions to this are local tournaments and the Las Vegas tournament in which the players are usually asked to contribute to the airfare for the trip.
What's the best way to prepare for tryouts?
The best way to prepare is to bowl! Especially practicing at different houses on different lane conditions.
Is this an NCAA sport?
The Cougar Bowling Team is a University Club and not affiliated with NCAA.
What are the minimum academic requirements to be on the team?
The minimum academic requirements are as follows:
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Minimum 12 credit hours
- Must have Monday nights free to join the club league
- Must participate in fundraising events such as the Bowl-a-Thon.
Other eligibility rules can be found in the 200 sections of the USBC Collegiate Rulebook.
When are practices held?
The regular year practice schedule has yet to be determined.