My research focuses on individual differences and the prediction of major life outcomes. In particular, I am interested in the use of personality and interest assessments for applied purposes, including human resource management and career guidance. In a separate stream of research, I also study the use of automation and technology in the workplace.
I will be accepting PhD students for Fall 2020.
- Ph.D., Industrial-Organizational Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.S., Educational Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B.S., Earth Systems and Environmental Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Development of individual differences (personality, interests, abilities, and values)
- Career and life outcomes (person-environment fit, career success)
- Research methods (measurement, longitudinal data analysis, meta-analysis)
- Psychology and technology (automation, social media, big data)
- Personnel Psychology
- Organizational Psychology
- Career Theory and Practice
- Introductory Psychology
Affiliations and Links
- Hoff, K. A., Song, Q. C., Einarsdóttir, S., Briley, D. A., Rounds, J. (2019, in press). Developmental structure of personality and interests: A 4-wave, 8-year longitudinal study. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/pspp0000228
- Makela, J. P. & Hoff, K. A. (2019, in press). Career outcomes data from social media: Examining quality in current practices. The Career Development Quarterly.
- Hoff, K. A., Briley, D. A., Wee, C. J., & Rounds, J. (2018). Normative changes in interests from adolescence to adulthood: A meta-analysis of longitudinal studies. Psychological Bulletin (144)4, 426-451. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/bul0000140
- Hoff, K. A., & Bashir, M. (2015). Trust in automation: Integrating empirical evidence on factors that influence trust. Human Factors: The Journal of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (57)3, 407-434. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0018720814547570