Cedric Tolliver teaches courses in African-American literature and culture and literary theory. His research interests are concerned with the cultures of modernity in the African diaspora, which link the African Americas and Africa. His first book Of Vagabonds and Fellow Travelers: African Diaspora Literary Culture and the Cultural Cold War (2019) was published by University of Michigan Press in the Class : Culture Series.
- BA Sarah Lawrence College
- MA University of Pennsylvania
- PhD University of Pennsylvania
African American literature and culture; Francophone studies; literary theory; cultures of modernity; and intersections of labor, race, and gender in culture and society.
- ENGL 3360: Survey of African American Literature
- ENGL 3396: African American Literature and Cold War Culture
- American Comparative Literature Association
- American Studies Association
- Modern Language Association