Our graduate-level public relations degree is geared towards helping practitioners advance in the field. Our students dive into theory, case studies and research to help them better communicate on behalf of their organizations and strengthen relationships with its stakeholders. Our curriculum gives special emphasis to management issues relevant to products, services, image, and public policy.
In particular, our public relations students study the following:
- How to conduct better research that draws deeper real world insights
- Issues concerning digital culture and the rise of social media
- The ubiquity of social media and its impact on communities
- How staffing, budgeting and campaign management differ on the corporate, association, union and non profit public relations levels.
- COMM 6350 - Social Media Impact and Implications
- COMM 6370 - Public Relations Management
- COMM 6371 - Public Relations Theory
- COMM 6376 - Seminar in Crisis Communication
For a full list of graduate-level courses at the Valenti School of Communication, view the UH Graduate Catalog.