Applications for Summer 2022 are now open.
The Office of the Provost awarded the Center for Mexican American Studies the Multicultural Success fund. This funding will award one-time scholarships to UH students to participate in the summer 2022 study abroad program. The students will participate in Spanish and cultural immersion courses. The goal of the scholarship is to allow students to earn university credit, live with a host family, and participate in a Spanish and cultural immersion program.
The Multicultural Success funds will provide direct real-world experience, preparing students for success in their lives and their careers upon graduation.
The Multicultural Success scholarship will be $5,000.
Application deadline: Tuesday, March 1, 2022
- Must be a UH undergraduate student participating in the summer 2022 learning abroad program in a Spanish speaking country
- Must have completed one semester of study at UH
- Must demonstrate scholastic achievement
- Must be involved in community extracurricular activities
- Must have a minimum 2.7 cumulative UH GPA
- Must be first-generation
- Must demonstrate financial need