FRIDAY HEALTH TIP - Do You Have a Plan for Your Healthcare?
Friday, January 6, 2023
12:00 am - 12:00 am
On the list of items to include when moving to campus should be a First Aid Kit and to have a plan for your health care needs.
The University of Houston Student Health Center is on campus to help you with your healthcare needs, but minor injuries and illnesses can occur at any time and it’s best to be prepared. It is very important to make a plan before you have a health care need.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, immediately call 9-1-1 or proceed to the nearest emergency room.
Important things to remember:
- Copy of insurance card
- Personal medical information
- Prescription medications
- Make a Health Care Plan
- Where do I go if I require medical attention?
- Do I know how to use my health insurance card?
- How do I make an appointment with a medical provider?
- What are my after-hours options?
Suggested Items for First Aid Kit:
- Antibacterial soap
- Antibacterial wipes
- Hand sanitizer, pocket size and room size
- Adhesive bandages (various sizes)
- Non-stick gauze
- Adhesive tape
- Triple antibiotic ointment
- Ibuprofen or acetaminophen for fever or pain
- Cold packs
- Ace or elastic bandage
- Warm pack or heating pad
- Cold medicine (daytime and nighttime)
- Antacid tablets or liquid
- Anti-Diarrhea medication
- Throat lozenges/Cough drops
- Lip Balm
- Antihistamine tablets (for allergies)
- Hydrocortisone cream/Calamine lotion
- Insect repellant
- Nail Clippers