- Blackboard Courses
- Blackboard Courses must be requested by the instructor or their designee each semester.
- Blackboard can only be accessed if the user has a role in a course in Blackboard, such as instructor, student, or assistant.
- Instructions for requesting a Blackboard course.
- Student Enrollments
- Starting five days before the first day of classes, student enrollments and unenrollments will be added to and removed from the Bb Learn course Grade Centers based on information from the PeopleSoft Student Administration system.
- Enrollment processing is done twice a day at 5 am and 5 pm. Once a student makes an enrollment change in PeopleSoft, it may take 1-2 days for enrollment changes to appear in Bb Learn and another day for them to appear to the student in AccessUH.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want students loaded earlier than 5 days before the start of the semester.
- Once students are loaded into a Bb Learn course, changes to the course organization are limited. The course can no longer be combined with or separated from other courses or sections.
- Course Availability for Bb Learn
- In Bb Learn, the instructor can control whether students will see the course after students have been added into the course grade center.
- By default, students in the Grade Center will see a Learn course as soon as they are loaded.
- If you don't want students to see the course, change the course availability in the Course Control Panel - Customization – Properties. Be sure to press Submit for the change to take effect.
- Instruction on adding a TA or co-instructor to Bb Learn
- To add students to your course for Incompletes or other reasons complete this form.
- More Information
- For more information about Bb Learn at UH, including workshops and support, go to Bb Learn Faculty Help
For Faculty help with Bb Learn, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, check http://uh.edusupportcenter.com or call 844-570-6763.