Access Your W-2 and 1095-C Electronically

University of Houston System is required by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to provide each employee with a W-2 Form that states the employee's compensation and tax withholding amounts for the calendar year on or before January 31st of the following year and Form 1095-C that states the employee's health insurance offered and coverages for the calendar year on or before February 28th of the following year. The IRS permits the use of electronic W-2 statements and 1095-C statements to meet this requirement. In support of the University of Houston System sustainability and cost saving initiatives, starting this year, instead of paper copies, employees may access their W-2 and 1095-C statements electronically via P.A.S.S.

The benefits of receiving an electronic Form W-2 & 1095-C statement are:

  • Earlier access to the Form W-2 and 1095-C than paper copies
  • No possibility for a lost, stolen, delayed or misplaced Form W-2 or 1095-C
  • Access from any Internet connection at any time via P.A.S.S.
  • The option to print multiple copies at your convenience

An employee may withdraw consent from receiving their W-2 and/or 1095-C statements electronically via P.A.S.S.. The employee's withdrawal of consent will be effective on the date it is withdrawn. If you would like to receive a paper copy of your W-2 and/or 1095-C statement, please withdraw consent on or before December 31, 2019 via P.A.S.S..

Employees are also required to inform the HR Department promptly of any personal address or status changes. Please access P.A.S.S. to validate that the following information is correct: 

  • Social Security Number
  • Name
  • Mailing Address

IRS Regulations require that the name on your W-2 match the name that is listed on your Social Security Card.  If your name in PeopleSoft doesn’t match the name listed on your Social Security Card, you will be required to bring a copy of your card to HR Employee Service Center so the required changes can be made.

What are the W-2 and 1095-C Forms?

Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, is used to report wages paid to employees and the taxes withheld from them. Employers must complete a Form W-2 for each employee to whom they pay a salary, wage or other compensation as part of the employment relationship. The form is used also to report FICA wages and taxes to the Social Security Administration.

Form 1095-C is an annual reporting form used in connection with the Affordable Care Act. Form 1095-C includes information about the health insurance coverage offered to you and, if applicable, your family.

If you have any questions regarding, please contact the HR Employee Service Center.