Administration and Finance Focus

April 2009
UH Staff Person Selected as Artist of the Year


Events Calendar


Copy Center
Get yourself out of that


Mileage Rate Change

Vendor Setup Forms

Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Statistics

Green UH
Green Hints - Carry Reusable Bags

Human Resources

HR Communications Website

Plant Operations
UH Receives Award From CenterPoint Energy for Efficiency Improvements

Planning for Inclement Weather

Quick Tip: For enrollment services questions, students can call 713/743-1010.

If you have comments or would like to submit an article to future newsletters, contact Alpa Vaghani at by the 20th of each month.


Vendor Setup Forms

In order for individuals or companies to receive a voucher payment, which is approved by Accounts Payable, they must be setup as a vendor in the UHS Finance System. The following forms may be used for vendor setup:

UHS Vendor Setup Form or Form W-9

� Completed by sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations, independent contractors, lecturers/artists, and research study participants.
� Signed by the payee and faxed to UH Accounts Payable at 713-743-0521.

UHS Individual Setup Form
� Completed by UHS employees, prospective employees, students, regents, and refund recipients.
� Signed by the payee (except for refund recipients, in which case the department administrator can sign) and faxed to UH AP at 713-743-0521.

There are now separate vendor pages for UHS employees, which includes instructions for direct deposit and payment inquiry through P.A.S.S, and for non-employees. Links to both pages are at:

If you have any questions, please contact the Vendor ID group at 713-743-8746 or