Student permit registration is now available through AccessUH! Read below to learn more about the new registration process.
We have published several blog posts to cover any concerns about:
We recently released a Parking Preview 2018-2019 blog series where we covered the major changes coming to UH Parking and Transportation next year.
One of these changes is a new permit registration process for students.
What this means is that instead of making an immediate purchase, students will rank their permit preferences from most to least desired. Parking and Transportation will take this information and begin making permit assignments from these preferences over the summer.
Students will receive an email in July notifying them of which permit they will receive and they will be charged at that time. Priority for each permit type will be given on a first come, first served basis so students are advised to register their permit preferences as soon as possible once waitlists are open.
Steps to Register
Students should register through their myParking Account on AccessUH.
- Visit accessuh.uh.edu and enter your CougarNet ID and CougarNet password.
- Click “myParking Account” to access the home page. At the bottom of the home page click “Add/Edit Waitlists.”
- Click “Next” to see the available waitlists.
- Click “Add” to add a waitlist to your list of selections. The page will refresh after each addition.
- Using the “Make Top Waitlist Selection” button, arrange your selections in order of preference.
Start with your least preferred permit first and work backwards to ensure your most preferred is at the top of the list.
- Once you’ve completed prioritizing your options, click “Done.”
- The waitlist receipt will show your selections in the order of preference. You will also receive an e-mail confirmation. If the order is not correct, click “Parking Portal” at the top of the page to return to the home screen. Select “Add/Edit Waitlists” and then “View Existing Requests” to return to step 5.
- Your registration is now complete. You will receive an email in mid-July notifying you of the permit you have been awarded and steps on how to complete your purchase. Verify your email address through the “Manage Account” link at the top of the page, as we will be contacting you via the first email on your account.
Parking and Transportation is transitioning to License Plate Enforcement. To avoid citations, make sure that your license plate information in your myParking Account is current at all times.
Parking and Transportation will send an email in mid-July notifying you of your assigned permit.
You will be given instructions at that time on how to complete your purchase. Your permit will be mailed out several weeks before classes begin.