The university reserves the right to tow any illegally parked vehicle or vehicles with excessive citations. Vehicles are towed to an on-campus tow lot located at 4224 Elgin St., adjacent to the Elgin Street Garage. In addition to the above-mentioned tow fee of $125, a $5 per day storage fee will be assessed commencing the second day the vehicle is maintained in the tow lot.
Cars are subject to towing for the following reasons:
- Any D3, D4 or D5 violation
- If vehicle is deemed abandoned. Vehicles parked on UH property for more than 30 days without moving are considered abandoned. Moving a vehicle from one space to another to give the appearance of vehicle being utilized is not permissible (even if a valid permit is displayed).
- If a motor home, trailer, or boat is parked overnight on UH property without prior permission from Parking and Transportation Services.
- If a vehicle is parked without a permit or with an incorrect permit.
- If a vehicle is subject to excessive violations
The University of Houston reserves the right to tow any vehicle at any time.
In order to retrieve your vehicle, you must present a valid driver's license, and, if you are a UH student, faculty or staff member, you must also present your Cougar Card.
Visitors are required to pay all fees applicable to towing, citation(s), and storage before the release of their vehicle. Towed vehicles should contact UHPTS-Parking Enforcement Division at 713-743-5849. After hours, call UHPD at 713-743-3333.