METRO has partnered with the University of Houston to allow UH faculty, staff and students to ride METRORail to campus free of charge during the Thursday home football games this season.
To ride METRORail for free on Thursday, Oct. 4 and Thursday, Nov. 15, faculty, staff and students must wear Cougar Red. This option will be available to Cougars whether they’re coming to campus for the game or for work and class.
Faculty, staff and students are strongly encouraged to take advantage of this incentive during the two Thursday games, as traffic is expected to be heavy on these dates. To view campus impacts, visit the Campus Parking on Game Day page.
Individuals planning to ride the rail can park at any of the following locations; however, spaces are limited:
- Northline Transit Center - 7813 Fulton St. - No charge
- South Fannin - 1505 W. Bellfort Ave. - $3 METRO parking fee
Both of these park and ride locations are conveniently located near a METRORail station. To view them on a map click here.
A schedule of the remaining 2018 home games can be found below.
- Thursday, Oct. 4 - 7 p.m. (vs. Tulsa)
- Saturday, Oct. 27 -TBA. (vs. USF)
- Saturday, Nov. 10 - TBA (vs. Temple)
- Thursday, Nov. 15 - 7 p.m. (vs. Tulane)